Baseball Academy Goals
- To provide an opportunity for students to pursue their passion and develop their baseball skills within school hours.
- To provide student athletes with an environment conducive to personal development both athletically and socially.
- To provide an avenue for student athletes to understand and enjoy the benefits of good physical health through consistent exercise/nutrition/training.
- To provide a positive learning environment and promote the importance of team work towards a common goal.
- To assist students in developing SMART goals and support students through their personal learning plans.
- To provide student’s with knowledge of post-secondary athletic and academic scholarship opportunities.
- To establish a positive attitude, good work habits and a high level of enthusiasm towards the sport of Baseball.
Facts about the Program
- This academy is open to students in Grades 8 – 12
- Two blocks in a student’s timetable
- Students enrolled in other Delta Secondary Schools may attend Sands Secondary part-time to participate in the Baseball Academy.
- Transportation to the academy occurs during Lunch
- Receive credit for PE at the appropriate grade and Baseball 8 -12
- Total of 8 credits per year toward graduation (Grade 10 -12)
- Facilities include Mackie Diamond, Mackie Turf field, Delsom park, The Ballyard at Sport central and Sands/Sungod gym facilities
Please note: For a fee, transportation is currently provided to Sands Baseball Academy from Burnsview, Seaquam, Delta and South Delta Secondary. Bussing is not provided from Delview or North Delta Secondary.
Uniform & Equipment
A $200 Uniform Fee will supply students with Baseball pants, T-shirts, Shorts, Hoodie and Hat.
Students must supply their own runners, cleats, glove, bat and helmet.