The application process involves two mandatory steps:
Step 1: Select Baseball Academy in Student Connect when selecting courses.
NOTE: If Student Connect is no longer available please see your counselor. Your school MUST be notified of your request for an academy.
Step 2: Complete this online form (current school year): 2019-20 Academy Online Application Form
Please note there is limited space available; apply early to avoid disappointment. All Baseball Academy students, both new and returning, must apply each year.
International students please email email@example.com for international application.
- Fees are divided over 10 monthly payments
- Monthly fees: $305/month (as of 2019/20)
- Deposit fee: $610 includes Sept and June fees. Due June 1st
- Transportation fee: Optional NORTH END bus service from Seaquam and Burnsview to/from Sands Secondary; $25 FLAT RATE per month. SOUTH END from SDSS & DSS to/from Sands Secondary; $50 FLAT RATE per month.
- Bussing is not provided from Delview or North Delta Secondary.
- $100 Application Administrative/Application fee (non-refundable).
- A yearly fee of $200 will be charged for uniforms
NOTE: The non-refundable Application/Administrative Fee is due immediately upon registration. You will receive an email with payment instructions. Please note that payment of the Application Fee does not guarantee a spot in the academy but is required to hold your place in the queue. If your application is not accepted by Academy Programs, your Application Fee will be returned to you.
- Bursaries are available with demonstrated need. Request application early from Corinne Leary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Refund and Exit Policy
- Once the program has started all requests for exiting the program and refunds shall be made in writing to Paige Hansen at email@example.com and in collaboration with a counselor from the student’s home school
- Prior to Sept 1 – All fees paid less the Application fee will be refunded
- After Sept 1 – No refund of Application fee or Deposit fee will be refunded
- No refund of Academy Uniform fee – regardless of withdrawal date
- No refund of the tuition is made if the student is dismissed from the Academy program
- If a program is cancelled a full refund will be issued
Application Process for New and Returning Students:
- A parent or guardian must complete the application form.
- Submit the completed application form. All applications are date stamped upon receipt. Applicants are encouraged to apply by March 10, as students will be accepted into the Academy based on space availability.
- Approximately mid- March, you will receive information on how and when to pay. Your deposit will be processed June 1. This includes first and last month Academy fees.
- You will receive a written letter of acceptance from the Delta School District once there is a sufficient number of applicants to run the program.
- Once Academy spaces have been filled, accepted applicants will be placed on a wait list. The Delta School District will notify applicants if space becomes available.
Out-of-catchment students may attend Sands Secondary full time or on a part-time basis, moving between two schools at lunch. Students planning to attend Sands Secondary full time must contact the Student Data Coordinator at the school and arrange to:
- Select courses for the 2019-2020 school year
- Bring the student’s last report card
Out-of-district students must attend a Delta school full time to participate in an academy. Once accepted to the Baseball Academy, please contact the Student Data Coordinator at Sands Secondary and arrange to:
- Complete a Delta School District registration form
- Complete a Non School District application form
- Select courses for the 2019 – 2020 school year
- Bring the student’s birth certificate and proof of residency
- Bring the student’s last report card